Main Street Marketing Group International (MSMGI) understands how important the development and management of content (intellectual capital) is to a company. A unified content strategy is the creation, capture, delivery, customization, and management of content across your organization. It’s the encapsulation of your intellectual capital…it’s the transformation of your information into power. The company’s content spans an entire organization; it is authored by multiple content creators for use by multiple users in multiple media including but not limited to:
- Marketing/Communications & Print Advertising
- Collateral Marketing Material
- HR & Company Forms
- Internet, Intranet, E-commerce, E-catalog & E-mail
A simple analysis is the first step in implementing an effective unified content strategy:
- What are the goals of the organization?
- What are the challenges the organization faces?
- What are the needs of the customer?
An effective unified content strategy is only as good as the work you put into it. It requires:
- Thorough analysis of information, audiences, and processes
- A consistent approach to structuring information, based on the audiences’ needs
- A sound metadata strategy, allowing you to classify, identify, retrieve, and track all the information “bits” within your content management system
- A strategy to produce dynamic content so you can provide exactly the right information at the right time to the right audience
- The right technology to support your goals
- New roles and processes to support a new way of looking at and producing information